Reconstructed after a fire in 1898, the Burney Institute is a 2 1⁄2 story 11,000 sf load-bearing brick building that has been vacant, except for use as a hay barn, for the past 90 years. We provided architectural & structural stabilization services to completely refurbish the exterior envelope, including a reconstructed roof, floors, stairs and other character-defining spaces, returning the structure to identical form as the original. We have increased the load capacity of all structural systems, including roof, floors, beams, columns, and foundations to meet current building code requirements for assembly occupancies. Substantial construction repairs were completed including masonry repointing, masonry “stitching”, reconstruction, and structural. All repairs were guided by the Secretary of Interiors Standards for Rehabilitation.